- This event has passed.
Embark 2016 – Sept 22-23, Norfolk, VA
September 22, 2016 @ 9:00 am - September 23, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
EMBARK IS THE LARGEST AND ONLY EXCLUSIVE ANNUAL GATHERING OF MILITARY SPOUSE LEADERS + BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE WORLD. PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING US IN NORFOLK, VIRGINIA ON SEPTEMBER 22-23 FOR EMBARK 2016, WHICH WILL BE THE MOST INSPIRING, EMPOWERING, EDUCATIONAL + BUZZED-ABOUT CONFERENCE TO DATE.
Milspo Project’s Embark delivers everything you need to start, expand and take your current business to the next level — in one essential event! No subjects are off limits. We address the specific employment circumstances that all military spouses face, such as deployments, PCSs and work-life balance.
Embark delivers both the inspiration and motivation you need to dream bigger, and the take-home information you need to effectively grow your business or strike out on your own. The Milspo Project is the heartbeat of the military spouse community, and Embark delivers practical, achievable sessions that address the challenges that every military spouse faces today. The program adapts every year to meet your needs, so it is never the same twice! Embark is where the brightest military spouse leaders and entrepreneurs meet each year to learn from the most talented professionals in business. It is where you can reimagine your business, discover new ideas, reinvent yourself, network with other business owners, learn new skills, and get one-on-one time with the brightest minds in business. We can’t wait to see you there!
Our speakers are leaders in their industries and will be live and available to answer attendee questions. These dynamic individuals will convene in Norfolk, VA to share their knowledge and inspiration on how to successfully run a business and find balance despite the ups and downs of military life. Frank Shankwitz, a founder of the Make-A-Wish Foundation will be a speaker at this years event.
Embark 2016 will take place in Norfolk, Virginia, at the Chrysler Arts Museum in the Kaufman Theatre, a handsome, mid-sized performance hall with room for 375 conference attendees. The space will be a perfect conference retreat within the museum’s walls. The Chrysler’s renovated galleries are home to Picasso, Warhol, Dali, Degas, Matisse, Cezanne, Gauguin, Renoir, Rodin, Rubens and Tiffany.
Norfolk is home to the world’s largest Naval base and the North American Headquarters for NATO, in addition “Norfolk is one of the top 10 markets for business relocation and expansion,” which is why the Milspo Project is excited to bring Embark to this historic and entrepreneurial city.
- 9:00am – Milspo Project Chapter Leader Training Begins
- 11:00pm – Chapter Leader Lunch/Social (90 minutes)
- 2:30pm – Milspo Project Chapter Leader Training Ends
- 3:00pm – Check-In Off Site Opens
- 5:30pm – Check-In Off Site Closes
- 6:00 VIP Ticket Cocktail Hour
- 6:45pm – Embark 2016 Gala Begins
- 7:00pm – Drinks, Dinner + Mingling
- 7:45pm – Gala Welcome presented by Erin Ward
- 8:00pm – Sponsor Thank You by Ashley Matejka
- 8:15pm – Dancing + Socializing
- 9:00pm – Gala Ends
- 7:30am – Check-In Day Two Opens (closes at 8:30pm)
- 8:30am – Coffee Social for Speakers and VIP attendees
- 9:00am – Introductions and Welcome – Erin Ward
- 9:15am – Elizabeth Boardman “Looking Forward: Executive Director Message”
- 9:30am – Keynote #1 – Rosemary Williams
- 10:00am – BREAK
- 10:15am – Panel: Shark Tank Winners Circle with Cameron Cruse of R. Riveter + Jen and Eli Crane of Bottle Breacher
- 10:40am – Keynote #2 – Taylor Wallace, WeVue
- 11:10pm – BREAK
- 11:25pm – Milspouse Power Session: Diana Jaquith
- 12:45pm – Milspouse Power Session: Speaker TBA
- 1:00pm – LUNCH
- 1:45pm – Milspouse Power Session: Katie Christy + Danielle Tenconi
- 2:10pm – Keynote #4 – Frank Shankwitz, Founder Make-A-Wish Foundation
- 2:40pm – BREAK 2:55pm – Panel: Michele Bradfield + Leslie Brians Healthy Habits Panel
- 3:20pm – Keynote #5 – Corie Weathers, 2015 Military Spouse of the Year + Author
- 3:50pm – BREAK
- 4:05pm – Final Keynote – Babette Maxwell, Military Spouse Magazine, MSOY
- 4:35pm – Closing Remarks with Erin Ward
- 4:45pm – Conference Ends
- 6:00pm – Embark 2016 After-Party hosted by Bottle Breacher